Women have the prerogative to change their minds, do they not?
We’ve often used this reasoning to get us out of sticky situations – where one could be mistakenly labeled as fickle.
Last month, I announced that we would be changing the magazine’s name to something that would suit what we’d like it to be. Once the decision has finally been made, we’ve received letters and IMs asking us to keep the name Oh Boi, some, from people
who previously agreed that the name wasn't to be taken seriously.
We released our September issue under the name Oh Boi. We've realized it doesn't limit us at all. It's light and fun and still manages to encompass our diverse community. Plus, it grows on you. So, yes, we are pleased to announce that we will be keeping it!
So, check our latest issue out! Pick up a copy from any of our kiosks (also listed on this blog) or check us out online at issuu.com/ohboi. We have new features and sections next month that we're sure you'll enjoy!
Wednesday, 8 September 2010
Tuesday, 7 September 2010
/me goes to one knee on stage waiting for the cape to be placed on her shoulders and helpers to escort her off the stage in a James Brown kinda way.
Really though. That person getting escorted from a stage that was all lit up in lights should be YOU. The Reader! We value you above all other things and we want to hear from YOU! Tell us what you want to see in our magazine and even send in submissions if you like.
Here are a few ways you can contribute to our content:
1. Indygo Criss has an amazing new feature this month called "Indy's Input" where she answers questions about anything and everything. She is a firstLife counselor and is bringing those skills into our world of Second Life. Send in your questions needing advice to IndygoCriss@gmail.com here is an excerpt from a question:
"I have never told anyone this but I have this huge crush on a girl here in SL ... how do I tell her without getting my feelings hurt?"Pick up the mag to see how Indy handles this one and the wonderful light she sheds on all the problems brought to her. She truly is an amazing spirit.
2. We are developing a section called "Overheard in sL" and we need YOU to help. Ever hear someone say something just so out of place but something you would seriously only ever hear in Second Life? You can't actually fly or TP in firstLife can you, but you can in sL! I KNOW you all have had something you just had to quote from another friend at one time or another. Well, we want you to bring your silly sayings and fun experiences into our magazine and be a part of sharing those funny stories and quotations... that can only be Overheard in SL.
3. We are always taking ideas and comments and we want to work those into the magazine in the future as well. We need to know how you feel about us, about the world, about the LGBT community!
5. Have a shop or a store? Get one of our kiosks put out at your place to spread the Oh Boi Love and allow people to subscribe without taking up a group space or take a copy right then and there!
4. Finally, we are always on the look out for great creators that want to be a part of the Oh Boi Magazine's amazingly growing readers. You have Store? You build or create items and need advertising? We have space for YOU! Our ad rates are very reasonable so get in on the fun and exposure that Oh Boi can bring!
To help us entertain and inform by any of the previous ways mentioned, send an email to myself TemorenDrathman@gmail.com, our Editor-In-Chief AdrianneSautereau@gmail.com or simply to OhBoiMag@gmail.com
Our September issue of Oh Boi Magazine has hit record highs and is only growing. We strive to create a quality and informative magazine while constantly entertaining the senses with sexy stories, edgy graphics and photography, beautiful poetry, and informative articles.
Come on, hit subscribe here in SL and at Issuu.com if you haven't already. We don't take group space and get your copy of Oh Boi Magazine fresh off the presses every month!
Here is what you will get at our Issue.com site: